Click the following links to read the book synopsis on Goodreads or The StoryGraph.
If I could travel one place next year, I think it would be Alaska. I’ve read two books set there in 2020 (the other one being The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah) and wow, I loved them both so much! Maybe it’s because they both contained epic love stories? Not sure. But my dear friend Phoebe from Read & Wright recommended The Simple Wild to me roughly 100x before I finally picked it up, and I’m so glad I did. I ended up loving this book! It got a solid 4 stars from me, and now I’m on to the sequel, Wild at Heart.
Here are 5 things about this book – 4 that I loved, 1 that I didn’t:
- I loved the atmospheric writing. I could see Alaska in my mind even though it’s a place I’ve never visited!
- I loved the relationship between Calla and her father. It was really heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time, and added so much depth to a book that could’ve stood on its own as a love story between Calla and Jonah.
- The supporting characters in this book were so dang wonderful. From Calla’s best friend at home in Toronto to every last person in Bangor that rallied around Wren in his last few weeks, they all brought so much life to this book. I loved them.
- My favorite romance trope plays out in this book – enemies to lovers. And I thought K.A. Tucker made it fun, witty, and endearing.
- I didn’t love the way Jonah felt manipulative at times throughout the story. I don’t want to give spoilers, but just know that sometimes his messing with her in an attempt to get a rise out of her went a bit too far in my opinion!
- loss of parent to cancer
- moderate sexual content
- parental abandonment
Overall, this book was a solid read and I am so excited to get further into the sequel, Wild at Heart, and am really excited that the third book in the series, Forever Wild, comes out on Tuesday, 12/1!
Click the following links to purchase The Simple Wild from your favorite local independent store using Bookshop.org or via Amazon.
2 thoughts on “REVIEW: THE SIMPLE WILD by K.A. TUCKER”
I can’t wait for you to read Wild At Heart 😀 loved this book so much!!
~ Corina | TheBrownEyedBookworm.com
I totally agree with every point of this review! Just subscribed to your IG. 🙂