This was my first ever “cozy mystery” and I think I will be visiting this section of the bookstore more often! It was fun and light and engaging without feeling suspenseful or scary. I think it would be a great book for someone who wants a page turner without feeling scared at all. This book earned 3.5 stars from me and I will definitely be reading more from Joanne Fluke in the future!
5 things about this book (3 I loved, 2 I didn’t):
- I loved the pacing of the book – we start out with a murder and I never felt bored.
- I loved how strong our main character was – she didn’t need a partner and was rocking life as a single woman. Also, her cat was the cutest.
- I loved the recipes throughout the book. Give me all the cookies.
- I didn’t love how quickly the ending wrapped up – I like a little more time after resolutions.
- I also didn’t love how she started a romance so close to the end of the book! I didn’t need a romance for the story to work for me, but if there was going to be a romance, I would’ve liked to see it happen earlier in the book.
Mention of death of a pregnant woman
Minor storyline of domestic abuse
To purchase this book on Amazon or through an independent bookstore via Bookshop.org, please consider clicking these affiliate links. I get a small commission at no cost to you, and that helps me continue to blog!