Well this book was a nice little bundle of YA Christmas joy with a side of a mental health representation! This was a fun read that packed a punch – something that I love about YA. This was a solid 4 star read for me. Here are 4 things that I loved about it and 1 thing that I didn’t love:
- I loved the alternate realities. I felt like McDowell weaved it together really well!
- I loved the portrayal of the magic of falling in love the first time. This is my favorite thing about YA fiction! It makes me so nostalgic.
- I loved the lack of explicit language in it. This is a nice change of pace and I love when an author can portray emotion without overusing the F word!
- I loved the way that mental illness was portrayed, and the way it showed that it is something you can get help for.
- I didn’t love the main character, oddly enough, for a lot of the book. But she did grow on me as she matured and changed!
If you would like to purchase this book through Amazon or your favorite independent bookstore via Bookshop.org, please consider using my attached affiliate links. It provides me a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting me this way!