Finlay Donavan may be my new best literary friend, and I’m not mad about it. Elle Cosimano has also made it onto my auto read list, so I would call this reading experience a win, right? I laughed, I was intrigued, and I felt so seen by this novel.
Here are 5 things I love about this book:
- Finlay’s character was a hot mess express, and I related to that on so many levels. She’s just a mom trying to figure things out – my exact job title right now – and I loved how well this was portrayed.
- A good book isn’t a great book unless it has a rockin’ supporting cast, and I was obsessed with Vero, Georgia, Nick…all of them, really.
- The mystery was pretty intricate without being undigestible. I never felt confused but there was still a lot going on!
- The mix of humor and with the heavy subjects addressed made the whole thing so much easier and more fun to read!
- The fact that it is going to be a series. It ended with a cliffhanger, yes, but that means WE GET TO HANG OUT WITH FINLAY MORE!
5 out of 5 glowing stars here. I loved Finlay so much and cannot wait to see what she is up to with the next book!
Mention of domestic abuse
Mention of infidelity