To read the book synopsis, click the following links to navigate to Goodreads or The StoryGraph.
I’m the first to admit that fantasy is a new genre to me. I’ve not read a TON of it because it oftentimes leaves me feeling confused and discouraged.
Enter Leigh Bardugo’s YA fantasy.
This book had me hooked from chapter 2. I binged it, I wanted to quit all adult responsibilities to finish it, and I loved every minute of it. It’s about to be a Netflix show, too, so obviously I had to read it before I started the show!
Here are 5 things I loved about this book that earned it 5 stars and a permanent space on my shelves:
- It was fantasy, but make it digestible. I got totally caught up in the world Bardugo created for us, but I wasn’t confused. It eased us into the universe instead of baptizing us with fire, and I appreciated that.
- The main characters were so relatable and likable.
- The book moved quickly. Sometimes fantasy can feel stagnant with all the world building, but this one never felt that way.
- The character development was spot on.
- Overall, I was just INVESTED. Not sure how else to explain it, but…READ THIS BOOK.
To purchase this book, please consider using my Amazon or Bookshop.org links to do so. I get a small commission at no cost to you!