This was my first “women’s fiction” read in a while, and I really enjoyed the ride! I’m glad I gave Jamie Brenner a shot, because this book had a lot of jaw dropping drama in an action packed summer.
Here are three things I enjoyed about this book:
1. The family dynamics. It was super fascinating and made my life seem so boring!
2. The casual drama bombs! Jamie Brenner knows how to space them out and keep them coming.
3. The setting – I think I need to travel there! So atmospheric, quaint, and fun.
Two things I did not enjoy about the book:
1. The characters. At the end of it, there was only one I kind of liked. The rest were not likable at all for me.
2. The usage of infidelity as MULTIPLE plot devices. Seemed like everyone was having an affair and that just felt icky to me.
Overall, this was a 3.5 star read for me. I will read another Brenner next time I want a beachy read!
Content warnings: infidelity, cancer, death of a spouse, death of a parent, divorce